Monday, January 15, 2007

Swingidy Swing

I thought I had got my anger and frustration and mental toughness to deal with swings under control, but now I realise that was totally wrong. Due to the fact that I'm now playing higher stakes, the swings are twice as big as they were previously and I think this is the problem. I have strived to think of my poker play in terms of units but I can't seem to ignore the dollar figures.

Usually it seems that when I go on a losing streak it doesn't really affect my play, but affects my anger and I started smashing my fist on the table or throwing things against the wall because I feel so frustrated... I can't seem to help it. However, last night, not only was I angry on the outside, but I also let it greatly affect my play. I managed to donk off about $40 (10 BB) from just making stupid plays like calling down with AK high. When I'm losing it always feels like everyone is trying to bluff me.

I think the best solution would be to set lower stop loss limits, as I generally play worse when I'm losing anyway so its probably a good move. Currenlty I have a stop loss limit of 30 BB, but I'm going to lower that to 20 BB. Also I'll try much harder to externally monitor myself, and if I feel myself tilting, I need to just walk away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home